Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FAQ#2: Why can't I download the app from the Android Market?

Stake Central has been removed from the Android Play Store and is no longer available from my website. The church app, LDS Tools now provides most of the features that Stake Central provides. 

I purchased Stake Central but it will not download from the Android Market.

Answer: Let me start by saying this is a very frustrating problem that all Android developers face. The purchase and downloading of apps is beyond my control. However, here are some suggestions that have worked for others.

First, have you set up your Google Checkout Account? Login to http://checkout.google.com with the Google Account you used to set up your phone. Be sure that a valid credit card is on file, that it has not expired and that it does not have internet restrictions.

Second, did you receive an order confirmation email from Google? This will be sent to the email address associated with your Google Account used to set up your phone. If not, double check that your Google Checkout account is setup properly (see above).

Third, be sure you have good 3G or WiFi coverage when you try it. If you tried with Wifi enabled, try disabling it.

Fourth, try canceling the order and purchasing again. (Let me know if you get charged twice and I will refund it).

Finally, and, this is a bizzare suggestion but I see it repeatedly in the Android support forums. Try opening the Google Talk app, sign in and then try downloading the app again.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2c0fe2bff2d6c352&hl=en 
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/71615-markets-issues.html

I believe that everyone who experiences this does eventually get it to work. Sometimes it just takes time. If you are fed up and just want it now, send me an email (click the link below) including your order number and I will send you a link to download the app from my website.

-->









2 comments:

  1. I was able to download Stake Central on my Android Phone. I had to do a manual shut down and I lost it. I tried to locate it again in the Market and it doesn't find "Stake Central". Where did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been a few complaints from folks who cannot find the app. I'm not sure what is happening there. You should see the app by searching for stakecentral.com in the Android Market. If that doesn't work, from your PC, try going to https://market.android.com/details?id=com.stakecentral&feature=search_result. Clicking on the blue install button will install the app to your phone.

    ReplyDelete